Friday, January 1, 2010

Born Again - 1/3/10am

I Peter 1:1-2 -Addressed to Christians
I Peter 1:3-5 -Born again to
-A living hope through Christ’s resurrection
-An incorruptible inheritance
I Peter 1:6-9 -Rejoice in salvation, even through persecution
I Peter 1:10-12 -Salvation preached by the Holy Spirit through the prophets
I Peter 1:13-21 -Therefore:
-Gird up the loins of your mind
-Be sober
-Rest your hope on the grace
-As obedient children
-Be holy
-Conduct yourself in fear
-Know you are redeemed with Christ’s blood
I Peter 1:22-25 -Purified souls in obeying is equal to born again through the word of God
I Peter 2:1-3 -Therefore:
-Lay aside
-Malice (badness in quality, viciousness)
-Deceit (bait, crafty guile)
-Hypocrisy (like a stage actor)
-Envy (displeasure at another’s prosperity)
-Evil speaking (backbiting)
-Desire the word and grow

John 3:1-2 -Nicodemus comes to Jesus
John 3:3 -Man must be born again
John 3:4-8 -Man must be born of water and the Spirit
John 3:9-12 -Nicodemus does not understand
John 3:13-17 -Christ to be lifted up, that men might be saved
John 3:18-21 -Belief and works

I Corinthians 15:1-8 -Faith in Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection
Hebrews 11:1, 6 -Faith is necessary, as is seeking God
Titus 1:10-16 -Disqualified for every good work
Titus 2:11-14 -Zealous for good works
Acts 2:32-39 -Baptism (water) and receive gift of the Holy Spirit
II Peter 1:19-21 -All prophecy came from the Holy Spirit
Galatians 3:1-14 -The Holy Spirit indwells through faith

No comments:

Post a Comment