Saturday, January 16, 2010

Failing to Listen - 1/17/10am

Deuteronomy 18:15-20 -The Lord judges those who do not listen to Him
I Kings 22:1-5 -Ahab wants to fight Syria, asks Jehoshaphat to join him
I Kings 22:6 -Ahab asks his 400 prophets
I Kings 22:7-9 -Jehosphaphat wants to ask a prophet of God, and Micaiah is called
I Kings 22:10-14 -Zedekiah prophecies victory, Micaiah is told to say the same
I Kings 22:15-18 -Micaiah speaks the word of the Lord: Ahab will lose
I Kings 22:19-23 -Micaiah condemns the false prophets
I Kings 22:24-28 -Micaiah is imprisoned
I Kings 22:29-30 -Ahab and Jehoshaphat go to Ramoth Gilead
I Kings 22:31-40 -Ahab is killed and his army is scattered

How often do we see those who are of the same mindset as Ahab? They don’t want to hear what the Lord says, unless it happens to be in accordance with their own wishes. If the Bible says otherwise, it will be ignored. It is an attitude we must be willing to avoid. If we do not listen to what the Lord says in His scriptures, then we will be punished.

Luke 8:4-10 -Hearing they may not understand
I Thessalonians 4:3-8 -Whoever rejects this rejects God
Acts 3:11-26 -Christ, the prophet raised up by God
Romans 2:1-11 -God’s judgment, including of those who reject truth and believe a lie

Are you heeding the Word of God? Or are you ignoring it except when convenient? Are you following the pattern laid down in the Bible? Or are you rejecting God?

No comments:

Post a Comment