Friday, December 4, 2009

I Corinthians 15 - 12/6/09pm

Hebrews 5:12-6:3 -First principles, including the resurrection and judgment

I Corinthians 15:1-2
The same gospel was taught by Paul both in word and in writing
If we hold fast to the gospel, we are saved by it
It is possible to believe in vain

I Corinthians 15:3-8
Evidence provided of Christ’s resurrection
Acts 1:1-3 -Infallible proofs of Christ’s resurrection
Other evidence provided that God can raise the dead:
The starving widow’s son, through Elijah -I Kings 17
The Shunammite’s (replenishing oil) Son, through Elisha -II Kings 4
A dead man, through Elisha’s body -II Kings 13
The widow of Nain’s son, by Jesus -Luke 7
The ruler’s daughter, by Jesus -Matthew 9
Lazarus, by Jesus -John 11
Many saints, at crucifixion -Matthew 27
Dorcas, through Peter -Acts 9
Eutychus, through Paul -Acts 20

I Corinthians 15:9-11
Unity of teaching among the apostles

I Corinthians 15:12-19
Christ’s resurrection is of first importance in Christianity
Belief in the resurrection is necessary

I Corinthians 15:20-28
We are currently under Christ’s reign - the kingdom is now
Acts 1:4-8 -Disciples ask if Christ is to restore the kingdom
Acts 2:1-4 -The kingdom comes with power
Christ, by the resurrection, brings the end of death as brought by Adam
Genesis 3:15 -Seed of woman will crush the serpent’s head

I Corinthians 15:29-32
Without the resurrection, there is no point to following Christ

I Corinthians 15:33-34
Evil company corrupts the faith and actions of the good

I Corinthians 15:35-49
We will rise and be changed from physical and earthly to spiritual and heavenly
The kingdom is not a physical earthly kingdom, but a heavenly, spiritual, and eternal kingdom

I Corinthians 15:50-57
All the dead shall rise at the same time
Acts 24:14-15 -Resurrection of the just and the unjust
John 5:28-29 - One resurrection
Physical death will be defeated
Hebrews 9:27 -It is appointed to man once to die, then judgment
Revelation 21:6-8 -The second death

I Corinthians 15:58
Because of all this, we must life for Christ, in faithful obedience
There is purpose to laboring for God, it is not in vain (vv. 1-2)

I Peter 1:1-3 -A living hope through Christ’s resurrection
Romans 6:3-9 -United through baptism to His death, burial, and resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment