Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Ark Comes to Jerusalem - 4/19/09pm

Disobedience Contrasted with Obedience
II Samuel 6:1-8 -The ark loaded on a cart, Uzzah touches it and dies
Ephesians 5:1-7 -The wrath of God comes upon the disobedient
II Samuel 6:9-11 -David fears the Lord, the ark stays with Obed- Edom, who is blessed

Joyful Godliness Contrasted with Appearances
II Samuel 6:12-19 -David’s joy and exuberance at bringing the ark to Jerusalem
Acts 8:26-40 -The Ethiopian eunuch goes on his way, rejoicing
II Samuel 6:20-23 -Michal derides David for his exuberance
I Peter 2:19-25 -Follow Christ’s example of patient endurance


I Kings 8:1-5 -Solomon summons the leaders of Israel and brings the ark to the temple

The Presence of God
I Kings 8:6-9 -The ark is in the holy of holies
I Kings 8:10-13 -The presence of the Lord
II Thessalonians 1:3-10 -Unrighteous eternally separated from God’s presence

The Covenant of God
I Kings 8:14-21 -Solomon recounts the building of the temple and that the covenant is in the ark
I Corinthians 11:23-26 -The new covenant of Christ’s blood
Romans 1:16 -The gospel is the power of God unto salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment