Saturday, December 27, 2008

How Often? - 12/28/08am

Often we look at what we should be doing and what we should not be doing. But let us consider today how often we should be serving the Lord. How much of our time should be spent dedicated to living how we should be living? Let us look at some examples to understand the answer to this question.

…Do I pray?
How often should we be praying to God? When things are bad? When we feel we have no other option? When it’s convenient? When no one will look at us strange? Or should we offer prayer continually?
I Thessalonians 5:17 -Pray without ceasing
II Thessalonians 1:11-12 -Pray for you always
Colossians 1:1-4 -Praying for you always
Luke 18:1-8 -The benefit of constant supplication

…Do I give thanks?
Sometimes we only give thanks for “big things.” Sometimes we only give thanks to God when it’s made abundantly clear to us that we should do so. But how often should we be thanking and praising God for what He has done?
I Thessalonians 5:18 -Give thanks in all circumstances
II Thessalonians 2:13-15 -Always give thanks to God for salvation
Ephesians 5:15-21 -Always giving thanks for all things
Hebrews 13:15 -Continually offering the sacrifice of praise

…Am I ready to teach?
How often should we be ready and willing to teach? How often should we be prepared? How often should we be prepared to teach others the gospel of Christ?
I Peter 1:1-12 -Always be ready to remind you
I Peter 3:15 -Always be ready to give an answer
II Timothy 4:1-5 -Preach the word in season and out
Romans 1:15-19 -Paul is ready to preach, being unashamed

…Do I stray?
How often do we stray from the Word? How often do we stray from God? How often do we forget what we should be doing, and do what we want? How often do we leave the path we should be walking for another road?
I John 3:6-12 -One who is born of God cannot sin
I Peter 2:21-25 -You WERE like straying sheep
I Corinthians 15:34 -Stop sinning

No comments:

Post a Comment