Sunday, April 6, 2008

Basic Salvation - 4/6/08pm

To give credit to where credit is due, my brother in law originally developed this as a Wed. night invitation, and then let me take it and flesh it out a bit more into a "full length" sermon, but it is really his. I just like it enough to steal it.

Basic Salvation

Why should I become a Christian?

Because it is man’s basic purpose…
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 -Fear God and keep His commandments
Matthew 22:34-40 -Love the Lord your God
It is our calling…
I Peter 5:10 -Called us unto his eternal glory
Because of heaven…
I Peter 1:3-5 -Incorruptible inheritance in heaven
I John 2:24 -Promise of eternal life
Because God wants it…
II Peter 3:9 -God wants all to repent, not perish
Because of God’s love…
John 3:16 -For God so loved…
Mark 15:15-39 -The crucifixion

How do I become a Christian?

God has done His part:
Grace…
Ephesians 2:4-10 -Saved by God’s grace
The Church…
Ephesians 5:25 -Christ gave Himself for the church
Instructions…
II Timothy 3:16-17 -All scripture

Now we have to do our part:
Trust His grace…
Ephesians 1:7, 13-14 -In Him you trusted
Join His church…
Acts 2:38, 41, 47 -The baptized were saved, added to the church
Obey His instructions…
Matthew 28:18-20 -Obey all things Christ has commanded

Who is the Invitation for?

All Men
Romans 3:21-23 -All have fallen short and need salvation
Romans 5:18 -All are condemned, all can be justified

When should you heed the invitation?
Before you die…
James 4:13-14 -Life is a vapor
II Corinthians 4:16-18 -Our outward man is dying
Before the Lord comes…
II Peter 3:10-13 -We don’t know when it will be

What if I should lose my salvation?
It IS possible to forfeit your salvation…
Galatians 5:4 -Fallen from grace
Hebrews 6:4-6 -Those who fall away
It is possible to repent and receive salvation after you lose it…
II Corinthians 7:9-10 -Paul commends Corinth for doing so
I John 1:9 -God promises to forgive our sins
To maintain our saved status…
II Timothy 4:6-8 -Fought the good fight, finished the race
Galatians 6:9 -Read the harvest if we do not give up

No comments:

Post a Comment